Water Rate Assistance Program
The Water Rate Assistance Program is a Daly City funded assistance program for water services. Eligibility is based on household income. Qualified applicants will receive the water rate prior to the 4% increase implemented on 07/01/2023.
This program is offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. Key factors of the program are listed below.
- The program is offered based on fiscal year (July – June).
- Applicants may apply at any time throughout the year. However, applications are approved contingent on availability of funds.
- Applicants must reapply annually and if they move to another address in Daly City.
- Applicants must notify the City within thirty days if applicant becomes ineligible for the program.
- Assistance is not transferable with property or application.
Do you Qualify?
- Applicant’s gross household income must not exceed San Mateo County’s 50% area median income limits. (Check Here Do you Qualify? Do you Qualify?)
- Applicant must receive a Daly City water bill in the applicant’s name and show responsibility for payment of water service charges.
- Applicants must currently reside at the address to which assistance is being requested.
- Applicants must provide required proof of income documentation with the application.
- Applicants must be current on their water account with no outstanding balance.
How To Submit Application
- Make copies of all documents showing proof of income (no originals).
- For your protection, please BLACK OUT or HIDE your Social Security and bank account numbers on ALL copies of documents.
- Apply Here
- Call (650) 991-8200 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application be mailed via USPS.
Low Income Household Water Assistance Program
The new federal Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) provides financial assistance to low-income Californians to help manage their residential water utility costs. Established by Congress in December 2020, this federally funded program helps low-income households pay down their residential water bills.
For additional information, please visit: https://www.csd.ca.gov/lihwap