Officer Conducting a Traffic StopTraffic Citations / Moving Violations

If you were issued a citation for a violation of the California Vehicle Code (CVC) and it is not a correctable violation, you can:

  • Attend traffic school
    • You can only attend traffic school once every 18 months unless an exception is made by a Traffic Commissioner or judge
  • Pay the fine online
  • Request an appearance in traffic court

To pay your traffic ticket online, request traffic school or request an extension, please visit the San Mateo County's Traffic page.

Pay Your Parking Citation Online

If you received parking tickets from the Daly City Police Department, you can pay your citations online via the PTicket website with a credit card.

Their secure parking ticket website is simple. Just enter the Citation Number and then follow their step-by-step instructions. Please be advised that there is a $3.99 charge added per citation for using the on-line method.

Pay Parking Citations via Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS)

You can pay for your parking tickets by credit card using the Interactive Voice Response System by calling (888) 442-4088. Please have the following information ready when calling:

  • Citation number and/or license plate number
  • Credit Card number and expiration date

Upon approved credit card payment, you will be provided with a confirmation number. Be prepared to document this confirmation number.

Pay Parking Citations by Mail

You can mail a check or money order to:
City of Daly City
P.O. Box 9003
Redwood City, CA 94065-9003

The citation number and license plate number should be included on your check or money order. Do not send cash through the mail.

Appeal Parking Citations

Parking citations can be appealed by following the outlined procedures in order:

  1. Online Appeal - The first step in contesting a parking citation is an online appeal. Online appeals are done through PTicket links to external site. Per state law, appeals must be submitted within 21 calendar days of receiving the citation. Be prepared to upload any documentation you wish to be considered in your appeal. You will be notified via mail of the decision. If you do not have access to a computer, you may submit your appeal via mail to the following address:
    City of Daly City
    P.O. Box 9003
    Redwood City, CA 94065-9003
  2. Administrative Hearing - If your appeal is denied at the first stage, you can present your appeal to an Administrative Hearing Officer. The amount of the citation must be paid in order to contest your citation at this level. You may not request an Administrative Hearing unless you have received a result of Initial Review and have been found liable. Mail all information to:
    City of Daly City
    P.O. Box 9003
    Redwood City, CA 94065-9003
  3. Civil Appeal - If you are dissatisfied with the results of your Administrative Hearing, you may file a Civil Appeal, per California Vehicle Code Section 40230(a). The Civil Appeal must be filed within 30 calendar days of the mailing of the issuing agency's final decision. You may file a Civil Appeal at the Redwood City Courthouse.
  4. Additional Questions - Additional questions regarding parking citations may be emailed to the Traffic Unit supervisor or by phone at (650) 991-8107 Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm. You may also visit the front desk of the Daly City Police Department Monday through Friday from 8 am to 6 pm, or on Saturday from 8 am to 12 pm. Please ask to speak with a supervisor regarding parking citation concerns.