Street Light Outage
RO outages are series wired street lights that fail in groups, similar to old-style Christmas lights, which will typically leave an entire neighborhood without street lights. There are 15 RO areas located throughout Daly City. RO street light outages are commonly caused by a PG&E equipment failure or accidental damage. Due to the high voltage used in RO circuits, extensive coordination with PG&E is required whenever there is a failure. If PG&E equipment needs replacement, PG&E staff will need to schedule and perform the repairs.
Once an RO outage is confirmed, the Police Department is notified. Patrols will be increased in affected neighborhoods, as time permits, during their regular routes.
As a result of the inclement weather, there are several street light outages. Daly City staff are working to resolve these outages as soon as possible. As of now, the following areas are without streetlights:
- RO – 256: The area bordered by Skyline Dr. on the east and Westmoor Ave. on the south. See map here (PDF),
- RO – 408: The area bordered by Southgate Avenue on the north, St. Francis Blvd. on the east, and Skyline FRWY on the west and south. See map here (PDF),
- RO – 460: The area bordered by Westmoor Avenue on the north, Skyline Dr. on the east, and Oceanside Dr. on the south. See map here (PDF),
- RO – 572: The area bordered by John Daly Blvd. on the north, Park Plaza Dr. on the east, Southgate Ave. on the south and Lake Merced Blvd. on the west (the area surrounding Westlake Shopping Center). See map here (PDF),
- RO – 577: The area bordered by Northgate Ave. on the north, Lake Merced on the east, John Daly Blvd. on the south and Skyline Blvd. on the west. See map here (PDF),
Public Works staff appreciates the neighborhood’s understanding and patience while we continue to work with PG&E to restore power to the affected RO outages.
For updated information, please contact the following:
Public Works Administration: (650) 991-8038
Public Works Street Maintenance: (650) 991-8097
Public Works Maintenance: (650) 991-5559
PACIFIC GAS & ELECTRIC (PG&E)
PG&E Series Circuit Street Light Outage: 1-877-704-8726
To report street light outages: https://www.pge.com/en_US/residential/customer-service/home-services/street-light-outages/report-multiple-light-outages/report-multiple-light-outages.page
CALIFORNIA PUBLIC UTILITIES COMMISSION (CPUC)
To file a formal complaint: https://www.cpuc.ca.gov/consumer-support/file-a-complaint/filing-a-formal-complaint