Computers & Technology
Public Use Computers
The Daly City Public Library provides access to computers with internet and Microsoft Office 2013 applications at all four locations.
- Printing: 15 cents per black-and-white page and 40 cents per color page.
- Reservations: Reserve a computer online or at a self-service station in the library. You can sign up for a computer in the library if there are no pending reservations.
- Saving: No applications of documents can be saved on library computers. Bring your own flash drive or buy one for $6 (8 gb) or $10 (16 gb).
- Accessibility: JAWS (Screen Reader Software) is available for the visually impaired on one computer at the Serramonte Library and one computer at the Westlake Library.
Free wireless access is available at all four locations. Patrons are advised to use antivirus software and personal firewall software. No such protection is offered by the Library's wireless connection. The Daly City Public Library's Internet Use Policy (PDF) applies to wireless users.
Circulating Chromebooks & Hotspots
Check out a Chromebook and a hotspot at any of our four locations. Devices check out for one week and can not be renewed. Devices can not be held; contact your local branch for availability. Please see the Device Checkout FAQ (PDF) for more information.
The Library has 3D printers available at the Serramonte, Westlake and John Daly branches. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
Available colors include black, blue, gray, green, orange, purple, red, and white (subject to stock levels). FDA food-safe, off-white filament is also available. We may resize your file for time restrictions (jobs must print during open hours). Jobs cannot use more than seven meters of filament.
Users are limited to one print request at a time. See the 3D Printer Policy (PDF) for full details. There is currently no charge for 3D printing.
Photocopiers, Typewriters, and Microfilm Readers
- All four branches have photocopiers. Copies are fifteen cents a page.
- The Serramonte Main Library has a reader for both microfilm and microfiche.
- The Serramonte Main and Westlake libraries have typewriters for public use but patrons must provide their own paper.