Daly City is planning to revitalize Margate Park!
Margate Park is a 4.5-acre space located on Margate Street between Shipley Avenue and Gellert Boulevard. It was formerly the Margate Tennis Complex.
The City’s Parks & Open Space Master Plan (2020) identified opportunities to enhance Margate Park that meet needs identified by our community. Potential amenities may include:
- Skate elements, game tables, and other unique ways to play
- Picnic areas and seating
- Fenced dog area
- Public art
The plan to revitalize Margate Park is only as good as the community behind the ideas, and there are opportunities in the coming months to get involved. Help us form a new vision for your community park!
In the early stages of the process, you can provide input about likes, dislikes, and ideas for the future. Later, you can give feedback about preferred design concepts to help create the final plan for the park. Upcoming opportunities to share your opinions will be posted on this webpage.
Ways to Participate
- Community Survey - An online survey is open now through January 8! Take the survey online and tell us what you think!
- Pop-Up Events in the Park
Interested in providing your feedback in-person? Join us at the following event:
- Frosty Fest 2022 - Saturday, December 17th, 6:30-8:30pm at Westlake Park
- Perform Existing Conditions Analysis
- Community Input Round #1 – What do you want? What do you like? (Fall 2022)
- Develop Park Improvement Concepts
- Community Input Round #2 – Preferred Concept (Winter/Spring 2023)
- Approved Concept Plan
Interested in staying up-to-date on the project? Sign up for email updates below.
For additional information, questions, or concerns, please contact Chris Bryden, Margate Park Improvements Project Manager, at email@example.com.