Commercial Vehicle Parking Permit
On May 27, 2003, City Council adopted Ordinance 1300 to establish Commercial Vehicle Parking Zones. This ordinance restricts the parking of oversized vehicles on residential streets between 2:00 a.m.- 6:00 a.m.
An “oversized vehicle” is defined as:
- A single vehicle or combination of vehicles having more than two axles;
- A vehicle with more than two wheels upon any single axle;
- A singe vehicle or combination of vehicles 22 ft. or more in length;
- A single vehicle or combination of vehicles 6 ft. or more in width.
Daly City residents have frequently complained about the overnight parking of limousines, truck trailers, buses and other commercial vehicles in residential areas. Residents who rely upon such commercial vehicles for their livelihood have also voiced their concerns about the lack of legally acceptable parking areas for their vehicles within Daly City. In an effort to meet the needs of the neighborhoods and working residents alike, the City has developed a program offering a solution for both groups.
Certain street segments are designated for parking only by commercial vehicles displaying a city-issued permit; to view maps of the referenced street segments, visit the Commercial Vehicle Parking Zones page.
Signs and markings identify the permitted commercial vehicle parking zones. Vehicles parked in the permitted commercial vehicle parking zones without displaying a city-issued permit will be subject to citation and penalties prescribed by Section 10.32.150 of the Daly City Municipal Code and summarized as follows:
- Commercial Vehicle parking outside the permitted parking zone: $260 for each citation
- Commercial Vehicle parking in the permitted zone without displaying the city-issued permit: $110 for each citation
- Non-Commercial Vehicle parking in the permitted zone: $40 for each citation
Contact the Finance Department at (650) 991-8046 to set up an appointment to apply for a Commercial Vehicle Parking Permit. Please print and complete the application in advance of your appointment. Enforcement will resume on November 1, 2021.