Commercial Vehicle Parking Permit
This program has been updated.
All Commercial Vehicle Parking Permits set to expire on June 30, 2023 will remain valid until December 31, 2023.
Click here for more information.
On July 10, 2023, City Council adopted Ordinance 1467 to amend Chapters 10.32.150 and 10.32.155 of the Daly City Municipal Code - Oversized Vehicles and Commercial Parking Permits. This Ordinance restricts the parking of oversized vehicles on residential streets between 5:00 p.m.-7:00 a.m.
An “oversized vehicle” is defined as:
- A single vehicle or combination of vehicles having more than two axles;
- A vehicle with more than two wheels upon any single axle;
- A singe vehicle or combination of vehicles 22 ft. or more in length;
- A single vehicle or combination of vehicles 6 ft. or more in width.
Daly City residents have frequently complained about the overnight parking of limousines, truck trailers, buses and other commercial vehicles in residential areas. Residents who rely upon such commercial vehicles for their livelihood have also voiced their concerns about the lack of legally acceptable parking areas for their vehicles within Daly City. In an effort to meet the needs of the neighborhoods and working residents alike, the City has developed a program offering a solution for both groups.
Certain street segments are designated for parking only by commercial vehicles displaying a city-issued permit; to view maps of the referenced street segments, visit the Commercial Vehicle Parking Zones page. All Commercial Vehicle Parking Zones are designated as two-hour limit parking zones between the hours of 7:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
Signs and markings identify the permitted commercial vehicle parking zones. Vehicles parked in the permitted commercial vehicle parking zones without displaying a city-issued permit will be subject to citation and penalties outlined in Resolution No. 23-112 and summarized as follows:
- Commercial Vehicle parking outside the permitted parking zone: $293 for each citation
- Commercial Vehicle parking in the permitted zone without displaying the city-issued permit: $124 for each citation
- Non-Commercial Vehicle parking in the permitted zone: $124 for each citation
- Fraudulent Commercial Vehicle Permit: $585 for each citation
Contact the Finance Department at (650) 991-8046 to set up an appointment if you need to apply for a new Commercial Vehicle Parking Permit. This does not apply to permit renewals. Please print and complete the application in advance of your appointment.
Beginning Fall 2023, permit applications for renewals will be available online. Please check back for more information.