Mobilehome Parks Program

The Legislature finds and declares that increasing numbers of Californians live in manufactured homes and mobilehomes and that most of those living in such manufactured homes and mobilehomes reside in mobilehome parks. Because of the high cost of moving manufactured homes and mobilehomes, most owners of manufactured homes and mobilehomes reside within mobilehome parks for substantial periods of time. Because of the relatively permanent nature of residence in such parks and the substantial investment which a manufactured home or mobilehome represents, the Mobilehome Parks Act (CA Health & Safety Code 18200-18700) and Title 25 of the California Code of Regulations were enacted to ensure residents of mobilehome parks are entitled to live in conditions which assure their health, safety, general welfare, and a decent living environment, and which protect the investment of their manufactured homes and mobilehomes.

Daly City Code Enforcement Division, as the Local Enforcement Agency, conducts both maintenance inspections and responds to complaints at all mobilehome parks within the City's jurisdiction as mandated in Title 25.

The Daly City Building Division issues permits for mobile home installations and performs inspections for the work.

Mobile Home Installation Permits

Submit the completed documents through email to the Building Division:

  1. Completed permit application (Building Permit Application (PDF) 
  2. Mobilehome park and State approved documents for the installation (tiedown system, carport, porch, etc.)
  3. Credit Card Authorization Form (PDF) (Visa or MasterCard)

Modifications and Alterations to Mobile Homes

Modifications to existing mobile homes, including exterior work such as roofing and siding, will require approval and permits from HCD

Modifications to the foundation of the mobile home will require permits through the Daly City Building Division. 

Installation/replacement of exterior elements such as of awnings, carports, and exterior will require a permit through the Building Division.. Submit the Standard Plan Approval (SPA) along with a complete permit application to apply for the permit.

Additional documents on SPA from HCD can be found here.

Common Violations 

Both the mobile park owner/operator and the owner of the individual mobilehome are responsible for ensuring compliance with the provisions of Title 25. Generally, the park owner/operator is responsible for the common area within the park, the park utilities, roadways, and individual lot services. The owner of the mobile home is responsible for their mobilehome, any accessory structure attacjed or detached to the mobilehome, and the connections between the mobilehome and the park's lot services. 

See below for a list of areas of responsibility and examples of common violations found in mobilehome parks (photos courtesy of Chula Vista).

Park Owner
Mobile Home Owner
AnimalsAwnings & carports
Approved Insignia on Renal UnitsCombustible Material;
Emergency InformationEmergency Exiting
Fire SafetyExtension Cords
GradingExterior Appliances
Lot Electrical Service EquipmentGas Meter Connections & Enclosures
Lot Gas Supply EquipmentGuardrails
Lot IdentificationPermits - Building Without a Permit
Park BuildingsPower Cords / Feeder Assemblies
Park Electrical SystemPropane Gas Tanks
Park Gas SystemRegistration
Park Lighting Sewer Connection
PermitsSkirting & Ventilation
Sewer SystemStairway Landings
Water SystemStairways & Handrails

Substandard MH-unit

Trash, Junk, & Debris

Water Heaters

To report a violation, please call 650-991-8260 or email Code Enforcement.


Mobilehome Residency Law (MRL) & Frequently Asked Questions

The MRL is the section of the CA Civil Code (Sections 798 - 799.11) that provides the legal foundation for tenants and landlords in mobilehome parks. The City does not address civil issues that arise in reference to the MRL. Please obtain legal assistance or see San Mateo Community Resources Contacts below.

A copy of the MRL and FAQ is available for download here

San Mateo County Community Resources

County webpage

Housing & Others

Legal Resources

Social Services

Veterans Service

Housing Authority 
(650) 802-3300
Bay Area Legal Services 
(650) 558-0915
Adult Protective Services 
(800) 675-8437

(650) 802-6598
Animal Services 
(650) 573-3726
Senior Legal Hotline 
(800) 222-1753
Area Agency on Aging 
(650) 573-3500
Community Action
(650) 802-3378

Small Claims Court Advisor 
 (650) 261-5015

Health & Human Services 
(800) 223-8383
Weights & Measures 
(650) 363-4700

United Way 
 (415) 808-4300

Mobilehome Assistance Center (Ombudsman)

Please visit the HCD Mobilehome Assistance Center's webpage for information on landlord/tenant Mobilehome Residency Law, requirements for operating a park under the Mobilehome Parks Act, and owner's rights and obligations regarding manufactured home registration and tilting, They can also be reached via phone at (800) 952-8365 / (800) 735-2929 (TTY)  or email

Manufactured Housing & Opportunity Revitalization (MORE) Program

More information on the MORE Program can be found here.

Helpful Links

  1. Mobilehome Laws and Regulations
  2. Mobilehome and Special Occupancy Parks Program Homepage
  3. HCD Mobilehome Park Inspection Resident Information Booklet
  4. HCD Mobilehome Inspection Operator Information Booklet
  5. Modification of a Mobilehome or Manufactured Home: HCD Requirements
  6. HCD Informational Video: Help with Your Mobilehome Park Maintenance Inspection