Make a Difference Day
Free Recycling Event
Saturday, October 28, 2023
9:30am to 12:30pm
City Hall Main Parking Lot
333 90th Street
The event will feature free services in a drive-through format for Daly City residents.
*Proof of Residency is required to participate: Driver's License and/or recent utility bill.
Event staff will direct cars through the City Hall parking lot to make stops at the various stations:
Secure Document Shredding: Limit of 3 copy boxes or one large trash bag full of confidential material per household.
Electronic Waste Collection: Click here to view a full list of accepted items.
Used Tire Take Back: Limit 9 passenger or light truck tires, up to R19.5, with or without rims per household. Not for farm, heavy duty, commercial or heavy equipment tires. No commercial tire, auto repair, or salvage businesses.
Mattress Drop Off: Limit 4 mattresses (bed & futon) and box springs per household. Cannot be severely damaged or soiled.
Not Accepted: severely damaged/wet/ soiled mattresses or box springs; items infested with bed bugs; mattress pads or toppers: sleeping bags, pillows; car beds; infant carriers, lounge pads, or crib bumpers; juvenile products such as carriages, baskets, cribs, bassinets, dressing tables, strollers, playpens, playpen pads; water beds or camping air mattresses; fold-out sofa beds, futon frames/bases; and furniture
**No Household Hazardous Waste will be accepted at this event.**
First come, first served, limited to capacity available.
Join us for our largest volunteer day of the year where community members can Make a Difference by coming together for graffiti abatement and cleanups in parks & neighborhoods. The City provides all the necessary supplies. Sign up with a group or as an individual.
On Saturday, October 28, 2023, Daly City celebrates its 25th consecutive year of participation in Make a Difference Day, a National Day of Volunteerism. Daly City residents are asked to “Make a Difference” by volunteering or participating in a number of events.
If you have a group that you would like to organize for a clean-up in your neighborhood, please fill out the request form by October 13, 2023.
Hands-on projects that are in need of volunteer help include:
• Graffiti Abatement Clean-up - Volunteer with a group of friends and neighbors to repaint public spaces littered with graffiti. Location(s) will be identified by City staff.
• Mission Street-Top of the Hill Clean-up - Volunteers will meet at Bepler and Mission Street to collect litter and recyclables from 9:30am-12:30pm. During the event parking is available at the municipal parking lots on Bepler.
• Mussel Rock Coastal Clean-up - Volunteers must register here in advance to collect litter and recyclables from 9-11am.
• Neighborhood Clean-ups – Volunteer with a group of friends and neighbors to collect litter and recyclables in your own neighborhood.
• Park Clean-ups – Volunteer with a group of friends and neighbors to collect litter and recyclables. Choose a park that is your favorite or we'll set a location up for you!
All volunteers must complete a release form prior to beginning any work activity associated with Make A Difference Day. Volunteers under 18 years of age must submit a release form (PDF) with the signature of the parent/guardian.
*Post your volunteer clean-up photos to instagram and tag @dalycitygov and we’ll feature you on our account!