Earth Day Event 2021
Do Your Part to Help Daly City Go Green with Two Free Events
Earth Day Recycling and Volunteer Event
- Saturday, May 1st
- 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
- City Hall Parking Lot
333 90th Street
The event will feature free services in a drive-through format for Daly City residents.
*Residents must wear a face covering at ALL times.
*Remain in your vehicle with doors closed and windows up, until directed by event staff.
*If you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home.
Volunteers will direct cars through the City Hall parking lot to make stops at the various stations:
- Secure Document Shredding: Limit of 3 copy boxes or one large trash bag full of confidential material per household. Bring the following for free shredding:
- Canceled Checks
- Credit Card Offers
- Old Bank Statements
- Old Medical Records
- Paycheck Stubs
- Anything with Personal Information
- Electronic Waste Collection:
- Cameras and Camcorders
- Cell Phones
- Computer Components
- Fax Machines
- MP3 Players
- Networking Devices
- Toner Cartridges (in a Plastic Bag)
- VCRs and DVDs
- Video Game Consoles
- Not Accepted: lighting, household batteries, appliances, business waste. Click Here to view a full list.
- Used Tire Take Back: Limit of 9 passenger or light truck tires, up to R19.5, with or without rims per household. Not for farm, heavy-duty, and commercial or heavy equipment tires. Must show proof of Daly City residency and sign a form stating the number and origin of the tires. No commercial tire, auto repair, or salvage businesses.
- Mattress Drop Off: Limit 4 mattresses (bed & futon) and box springs per household. Cannot be severely damaged or soiled.
- Not Accepted: severely damaged/wet/ soiled mattresses or box springs; items infested with bed bugs; mattress pads or toppers: sleeping bags, pillows; car beds; infant carriers, lounge pads, or crib bumpers; juvenile products such as carriages, baskets, cribs, bassinets, dressing tables, strollers, playpens, playpen pads; water beds or camping air mattresses; fold-out sofa beds, futon frames/bases; and furniture
NO Household Hazardous Waste will be accepted.
*Proof of residency is required to drop off items for disposal: Driver's license and/or recent utility bill.
Looking for ways to contribute this Earth Day? While we are still unable to gather in person, we encourage our residents to set up a volunteer litter clean-up crew within your own household anytime in the month of April. This year's focus is on beverage container clean-up, redeemable at the reopened CRV Redemption Center at 99 Southgate Avenue. For more information, visit our Beverage Container Recycling webpage.
Email Leilani Ramos or call 650-991-8127 for litter clean-up supplies.
Post your volunteer clean-up photos to instagram and tag @dalycitygov and we’ll feature you on our account!